Friday, July 2, 2010

Painting

I finished a painting the other day, at least I'm told it's finished.  My son said it looks good.  It's been so long since I painting I don't know when to stop anymore before going too far!  I'm also learning how hard it is to take a photo of a painting & get it's true look to come out. 

So the inspiration was the post about West Elms new line of silhouettes & the feathers I started and never finished... I wanted to take it to the next idea and paint an entire bird, but no details.  It's funny because just a few days after I started this my friend told me she wanted a tattoo of birds silhouettes!  Too strange. 

The odd shapes that turned into cloud formations were actually from a previous painting which I never finished and decided to paint over!  I think it came out rather interesting... kind of a hawk flying through armageddon! hahaha... ok, I wasn't going for anything that deep.... So what do you think?

No comments: